Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Mineral White M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizfiend View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrunr View Post
It is interesting because th two G05's I saw here at the same dealership had 22's and they had different tires. One had Perelli and one had Conti... I wonder what makes BMW choose which tire goes on which model???
You can choose which tire you want when you order one from scratch. If it's a pre made model specd by the dealer then they just choose whatever is available at that time. And the price of the tires are different from different companies do they can choose the cheaper option.
In the 9 BMW 's I've custom ordered I've never been able to pick a tire. BMW will usually have two tires that they choose from, what ends up on your car depends what they have on hand. It used to be Bridgestone or Dunlop. Then it was Michelin or Conti. Now it's Pirelli and Conti. It just comes down to the luck of the draw.

High end dealerships rarely drill your front bumper for a license plate unless you ask them to. Others make you sign a waiver saying you wouldn't let them put the front plate on.

My dealership lightly details my car by hand washing rather than putting through the auto car wash. I do my own paint correcting and ceramic coating because I don't trust anyone to do a good job and not use too harsh of a compound and cut too much paint to save time and because I've seen too many detailers cut corners and tell you they're putting 3 layers of coating and only do one.