View Single Post
      03-15-2018, 07:09 PM   #1
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

As some will know, there's been some debate on the forum regarding the tuning capabilities of the 30D. I've had my car on three different Dyno Dynamics dynos over the past couple of years, in different states of tune (stock; MPPK; and now a DMS remap), and have seen a broad and even spread of figures for the DMS remap. None of the figures were close enough to indicate a grouping.

I've wanted to get a fourth set of dyno results to corroborate one of the figures and get an idea of what the reliable output numbers are. Having read Jon's review of his positive experience, I booked a dyno session at Evolve in Luton yesterday afternoon. Very nice/genuine guys and it was pretty clear that Evolve doesn't do ego massaging or bash other tuners.

My car with the DMS remap produced 347bhp and 495lbft at the Surrey Rolling Road forum meet last year.

On the Evolve dyno this afternoon it produced 345bhp and 525lbft. Same car, same remap, same (very close, especially power output) results on two diferent dynos. Nice flat torque plateau between ~2,000-3,500rpm which gives a very linerar throttle respoinse and power output - exactly what I asked DMS to achieve with the map.

Jon's figures when his 30D was running a tuning box were very similar on the SRR and Evolve dynos which also helps to corroborate the figures. The Evolve 30D remap, 344bhp and 540lbft, is producing very similar results to the DMS 30D remap. I accept that's a small sample of engines, but testing the outputs on two different dynos does provide some credibility in the numbers.

As always, let the debate begin
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.

Last edited by Watsey; 03-16-2018 at 04:16 AM..
Appreciate 2
JLR19691882.00