View Single Post
      07-25-2007, 12:02 AM   #16
Whoopsy
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11 B7, 11 X6M, 07 997TT, 08 X5

All Canadian cars ARE pre-wired for sat radio.

Canadian Sirius radio modules ARE NOT available yet, Sirius Canada and BMW Canada did not agree on a deal yet.

US Sirius radio modules ARE orderable from your local Canadian dealers, but they cost WAY MORE than the US price, it's CAD$1000 and change if you order the US module thru the Canadian dealer parts department, same part is around $500US or less if you buy it from the States.

US modules WILL work in the Canadian cars, Canadian modules will also work in US cars despite what BMW Canada or Sirius Canada are saying.

US modules WILL work with a Sirius Canada subsciption, reverse is also true.

Sirius Canada has been spreading the rumor that US modules or radio units does not work in Canada simply because they do not get paid the royalty on the US parts, they only get paid the royalty from Canadian units sales.

Sirius Canada and Sirius US are 2 different entities so the royalty payments from modules are not shared. The radio units and modules are EXACTLY the same and works the same way.

My salesman already lost a $50 bet with me on my sirius module, we had a bet on my US sirius module. They insists both Sirius Canada AND BMW Canada assured them on seperate occasion that the US modules WILL NOT work in Canada, and my module will also fail to work. 5 minutes after I called Sirius Canada to add another radio to my subscription, I had them listen to Howard Stern.

O, factory time for retrofitting the sat radio module is ONE hour.
Appreciate 0