View Single Post
      12-29-2013, 08:26 AM   #1
NitramA
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D modern

Motorola Moto G. An Android that works with Connected. Drive.

I though this might be of interest to anyone thinking about a new phone.

After much diliberation I had decided to get an iPhone 4S through my company when my old android was due for replacement.
I much preferred the android but all the posts on the subject seemed to say that iOS was better intergrated, so went with Apple.
Have to say that whilst the iPhone works OK, the in car experience wasn't particularly wonderful, especially as I'm running iOS7.

Parallel to this, my wife had a really old Samsung that needed replacement, so I looked around and the Moto g was getting good write ups so I bought her one from tesco at £99.

Have to say what a great phone!
As a phone it compares really well with the iPhone, arguably it's better, with a bigger brighter screen, but the real thing for me was when I connected it up to the car. It ran everything in Connected Drive and seems to play BT music (no music to test it with yet) but there is no need to reset the phone to switch between apps.

I can see old and new texts, last mile and the calendar. Twitter and Facebook show up as well but I don't care about that so haven't tested this.

Compared to the iphone I miss out on Eco pro Analyzer (who cares), Web Radio(possibly more of a loss) and News.

Looks like I'm going to ditch the iPhone and go to Tesco, get the phone unlocked and use that instead for a fraction on the cost of an Apple.

One disappointment is that you can only have either USB or BT music connected, not both, but then that's the case for both Apple and Android. More of a BMW or technical issue.

FYI I've a 2014 F30 with NBT and EBT(coded).

Hope this helps someone.
Appreciate 0