View Single Post
      05-30-2013, 07:55 PM   #12
CACTUS1549
That Sedona Red blur that just passed you...
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 128i Coupe - Sedona & MODS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa128 View Post
Thought I'd give my impressions on the BMW performance exhaust that was installed on my 128 last week.

I had the performance air intake installed not too long ago. The exhaust completes a pretty nice package. Don't expect any neck-breaking increases in horsepower and torque. However, the car is definately more responsive. The engine seems to rev a bit more freely. Step on the gas while cruising at 2,000 rpms and you get a solid (but not neck-snapping) push in the back. The car is even more driveable and more fun now. I didn't purchase the intake and exhaust for the sound but let me tell you...it's incredible. I get a kick finding excuses to accelerate at every opportunity which doesn't do my gas mileage any good.

At low rpms you get a nice low growl. As the rpms increase the growl becomes higher pitched and tighter. Let off the gas slightly when you get to cruising speed and things quiet down. There is absolutely NO drone.

As for cost of the intake/exhaust package I did not pay MSRP as some others had done previously. I have to thank Dan at United BMW for this.

Here are some before and after pics plus a video for your viewing.

Video:
Ordered my PE today and will be paying just under 700 minus tax when it arrives at the dealer Monday. Is that about how much you paid? Anyway, more importantly they could not give me a yes or no (very shocking) to whether or not the PE order comes with the clamp sleeve that is used to cover the cut behind the stock exhaust. Did your PE order come with the clamp in the box?

I really appreciate this write-up since it is the ONLY detailed write-up on the entire internet for the 128 BMWPE, THANK YOU! Also, your video sound made me choose the BMW over MAGNA, remus is mute compared to the BMW, and MAGNA isn't too loud either!

Any answers are appreciated! I'm speechless that 2 different parts guys at the dealer AND the dealership I called that is out of town still could not answer if it comes with a single clamp. I would be so skeptical about it if when I ordered my BMW CF spoiler from the dealer I had to pay EXTRA for the adhesive kit... it should be a no brainer to include necessary parts like clamps/adhesive. BMW=BringMoneyWithyou
Appreciate 0