Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 MG/SO

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Disclaimer: I am not affiliated by any means with this installer

I thought this may help the 1 or 2 Quebec based M enthusiasts on this forum
Being curious about all the fuss on Xpel, i saught the only authorized reseller in Quebec of Xpel products, Protex . I went to Protex Laval, where they have an impressive installer area and were nice enough to tolerate me for 30mns asking questions.

At first I was very sceptical about this film having seen clear bras from sometime ago, all i have to say this product is impressive. You can't tell its there. The installer scraped the film and showed me how it quickly "heals" w a heat gun. it was virtually impossible to see any changes in shine, gloss, depth to the paint, the car they were working on had the full front done and were moving on to do the rest. And it feels soft to the touch ! They fully wash the car, decontaminate and remove any imperfections before starting their work.

I checked the edges, but it seems not all panels are wrapped on the inside because of the lack of access to the inside of a bumper or the side wings. The film stops shy of 1-2 mm from the edge and very hard to notice if you don't look.

All in all very interesting, the only remaining part was the price that i wasn't given because they serve my dealer and until the car is purchased they can't quote me
Appreciate 0