View Single Post
      04-12-2007, 09:35 PM   #21
VGR00
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 430i Gran Coupe

I second what James has said about geting a more diffinitive response. The way I see it is that we all know that run flats have stiffer sidewalls but the handling from the Potenza'a are fantastic. Do they make the car bumpier - maybe but probably not that much. Do they wear faster - I'd say not but wear also comes down to your driving style. They have a wear rating of 140 which is as good as it gets for a performance tyre.

My argument to stay with run flats or go to conventionals will be on a price / performance ratio. If a comparitive performance conventional tyre is only going to save me 10 - 15% then I'd stick to the RFT for the convieniance in the event of a flat.

Of cause, I'm very interested in your experiance as I'll weigh it all up when te time comes to replace. Don't forget, as tyres wear, they will be even more bumpy and less grippy than new so you need to factor this into your opinion. If you are comparing worn RFT to new conventionals then it's a no brainer which one is going to be better.
Appreciate 0