View Single Post
      04-28-2008, 02:56 AM   #2
Numb3rs
Banned
Rep
Drives: Looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrown0104 View Post
Well, let me start out by saying Hi, this is my first post on the forum. I saw the 1 series at the Pittsburgh Auto Show a week ago and now I am confident in saying that I'll own one by this time next year (gotta pay off the bike first). I have a few questions about this car that I haven't found real good answers on (or maybe I haven't looked hard enough ). One of them is regarding the iPod control with the USB port. I know that some cars' factory iPod controls are not very good. Take VW for example, you can only select from 5 playlists on the head unit, and you have to name them "VW 1", "VW 2", and so on (or something to that effect). I currently have a $175 Alpine CDA-9884 in my Cavalier, and I can scroll through every song on the iPod from the head unit, I can sort by Artist, Album, Genre, everything. I'm wondering how the controls are set up in the 1 series' stereo. Can I select by Artist, etc. or am I stuck picking from 5 or 6 different playlists, only to wonder about the other 6000 songs I have saved on there?

Thanks for any insight, and I'll hopefully be talking to a lot more of you all shortly.
Need to search. There is detailed info on all of this. Short answer is: YES! You can control your ipod from the control in your car if your car has that option.

A better question is why...?
Appreciate 0