View Single Post
      02-24-2018, 09:51 AM   #12
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd View Post
The C63S is a gorgeous car both inside and out, especially in Coupe form. I was lusting after one for the longest time but after spending sometime observing it (didn't get to drive it) at a trackday, I noticed that it's soundtrack - while loud - was rather one dimensional. It always sounded the same. The crackles and pop, after a while, sounded so consistent it sounded fake. Compare that to my M3 which has so much more character in the noises that it makes. Though I have done quite a fair bit of mods in that dept - carbon intake, carbon airbox, test pipes, exhaust.

So now I'm just gonna mod the hell out of my M3, maybe even get a custom interior, and be happy with it. It's not as fast as a C63S or any of the newer generation of turbo muscle cars, but damn if that S65 doesn't put a smile on my face every time I start her up.
It is a beautiful car and it pulls so much!

But in the end it's turbo. There isn't a single turbo car that sounds well. They may sound loud, but the musicality is completely lost.

Does it sound better than an M4? Likely yes. Does it sound 'good' for a sports car? Nopes
Appreciate 0