View Single Post
      09-05-2005, 05:48 PM   #76
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

The people of Texas are a blessing right now, opening their hearts and doors and hotel rooms and . . .

And I saw a "famous" real American out there with all those other ones, who shows some real compassion despite his previous antics. They tried to interview Sean Penn, but he didn't have time, he needed to get his boat back out there to rescue people. Not safe in his BelAir home, but out there in the muck picking souls out of the water and bringing them to higher ground.
No, he shouldn't be treated any differently than any other person who does this "for a living" I just respect that he took action on his own, obviously putting his surplus resources to good use.
5 days, how many YEARS have children been dying around the world for lack of a few grains of wheat or rice? In our world of excess (yes, I'm guilty as any other on this board) with my high-priced autos and bikes, but they're all so "necessary" to my life. My kids and my belly are always full, we have never known the hunger of even a single day without food, nevermind watching family dies slowly, painfully, miserably in a desert that just happened to miss this year's rains. It rips at my heart, and I try to ease the pain a bit by sending small donations since high school to organizations that are better than me at walking the walk instead of just talking the talk.
Appreciate 0