View Single Post
      09-18-2020, 02:16 PM   #4706
Smgs1992
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 bmw 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank46 View Post
Judging from gun board posts. Veteran gun carriers are just as bad. No training. They scare me. NRA courses: Protection Inside the Home, Outside the Home, and Defensive Pistol are good. The instructor I had for them was terrible. He gave me all three over two weekends total 10 hours. I suppose he knew I had that stuff previously. I didn't care. I just wanted the diplomas lol.

I needed the courses so I could get my instructor certs.
Gotta agree with you that some instructors are terrible. Luckily i’m pretty familiar with firearms, safety and my grandfather used to be a CCW instructor.
Mine didnt know the difference between a clip and a magazine, told us that he doesnt feel comfortable carrying with a round in the chamber and started going on about wanting to be a hero if there was a mass shooting. Among many more things. Also during the shooting portion i brought my glock 23 which is obviously a .40 he asked to load my gun to put a dummy round in it. Well he loaded it with a 9mm which resulted in a stovepipe. Luckily it didnt jam up my gun or anything.

I got my ccw though which was all i really cared about but i feel bad if anyone goes to his class expecting to actually learn something.
07 E92 335i 6MT, MMP inlets, DCI, VRSF 7.5 competition intercooler, VRSF catless downpipes, VRSF chargepipe, 335is clutch, Vader Solutions stage 2 LPFP, MHD stage 2+, Hawk HPS 5.0 pads, R1 Concepts drilled slotted rotors, TSW Nurburgring 19x8 19x9.5
Appreciate 0