SWOHammer
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i (SOOOOOON!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomusername View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobinfla View Post
Spoke with sales manager on Friday and he told me that BMW North America told him that my car is complete and at the port (My Garage still shows it coming up on 6 weeks in Quality Check), and the delay is due to problems with available ships. He couldn't explain why the status isn't "Ready for Transport" if the car is really at the port in Mexico.

Got a call this morning from the dealership general manager who told me he had spoken with BMW North America and the delay is because they are waiting on a part. He was trying to find out what part is missing.

I'm inclined to believe what I was told this morning. I'm curious what part is missing, and more curious if BMW has any idea when they will get the part.

It does look like the only thing deleted from my build is the passenger seat lumbar and width. ACC, ZTK, satellite radio, wireless charging, etc. are still included. Most VIN lookups don't work, including trying to use the VIN to access the owner's manual from BMW's web site. A couple of weeks ago, the mdecoder.com web site started "finding" my VIN and that shows everything still being in the build, along with:

S48Z DEL.FR.PASS.LUMBAR SUPP./FR.PASS.BWA
It's a shame that I didn't get wireless charging. Oh well.
Wasn't an option when I ordered late Sept. Parts already too delayed so I had no choice. Bummer but low-hanging fruit. Better than having to wait for it…
Appreciate 0