GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
MDrive furstration

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbreese View Post
It seems that I am not the only one who isnt getting this package.

I dont want i Drive. I dont want Nav. I dont want EDC (I think). I dont want CA..... BUT I want M Drive, and I know I cant get it without the ZTP option.

Correct me if I am wrong, but in order to get all the M Drive stuff, I will have to pay about $4200. And after paying all this money, all I will likely do is set all the controls to the most extreme and NEVER touch it again. This makes me mad to pay all the money for this!

If I dont get ZTP or EDC, it is my understanding that the only things I can control are the Throttle mapping, and DSC, and even with these there are fewer choices versus having ZTP. Correct? This is no different than my E46 M3.

So...What is critical to me (and others) is: Are the dampers AND steering set at to the firmest in the non ZTP cars. Also will I miss the Sport plus on the throttle ( I always use the sport button) and the M Dynamic mode (I dont track the car)

Or... will I be forced the pay for the ZTP--AAAArgh!

Dan
I understand your frustration, but BMW chose to use the iDrive system to have full access to all of the options. So, the only thing nonessential in the package is Comfort Access, about a $500 item (I think theis should have been part of the Premium Package, because it has nothing to do with performance). Your other choice is to take it without MDrive, and upgrade the suspension, if necessary, to you liking. The steering is already much faster than the E46; the extra MDrive control just allows you to change the assist curve. And you still get two throttle settings, including Sport.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450

Last edited by GregW / Oregon; 10-23-2007 at 09:58 AM..
Appreciate 0