05-07-2007, 10:45 AM   #8
Terry335
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOYRIIDE1113 View Post
Ok, Friday evening I had a chance to get my Procede'd car Dyno'd. It was my first time ever and I really didn't know what to expect. I got to the place (found out about it through a local forum member who plans on taking his
6spd there to get it dyno'd aswell) and said i wanted to do some runs. After a while they took my car in, took 15-20 minutes strapping it and plugging it into a computer for a Air/Fuel measurement. They even positioned 3 high speed blowers at the car to assure it had proper conditions.

So after all that the car was ready to get some runs. The guy that ran my car, kept pressing the accelerator all the way pass the step, causing my car to downshift. No matter how hard I tried to explain it, he kept doing it.

When i finally left and paid, I examined the dyno map and noticed the map started at 3k (which was fine) and ended at 5100rpms. Hello buddy, my car shifts at 6500rpms, which of course was the result of him taking it pass the step of the accelerator.

The numbers at the end were kind of weird.
Average of 313whp and 420wtq.

The low HP is explained by him downshifting at 5100rpms, but the torque showed clearly at 4krpms... which was normal for the dyno run. Still, that high of torque surpised me and leaves me wanting another reading. They used a DynoJet, which is supposed to be more accurate.

Either way I plan on doing more runs at ActiveAutowerkes since I live in Miami and they're not more than 10 minutes away...

So theres a heads up to you guys with the automatics, make sure to explain to the guy how to properly give the car WOT without downshifting pass the step.

Joy

Theres a snap I had from my camera phone... I had a bad setting on it so the pic is real small.
The higher torque is from converter flash.
Appreciate 0