View Single Post
      11-20-2016, 03:05 AM   #4
Hugrov
Captain
Rep
Drives: F36 LCI

Hi

I recently installed the Thinkware F770 (front only) and it was a doddle to fit. It can be hardwired or run from a cigar lighter outlet which is what I did (there's a discreet one hidden below the glove box in my car). I ran the cable inside the head lining (you simply feed the cable in) then down the windscreen pillar between the rubber seal and the trim then across into the passenger footwear. I removed the passenger footwear trim panel (2x10mm bolts), coiled up the excess cable neatly and cable tied to secure then just plugged the cable into the cigar lighter. The cigar lighter cable exits the connector at 90 degrees so stays tucked up neatly and doesn't protrude down into the footwear at all. The camera itself is very neat and sits quite flat to the screen and was easy to set up (you connect your phone/tablet to it via wifi for live view via the Thinkware app to set up alignment and general settings). Hardwiring gives extra functionality for recording whilst parked and motion detection etc but I just wanted it purely for front recording so cigar lighter outlet was good for me, this outlet powers down soon after door locking so no issues with battery drain etc..........can thoroughly recommend the F770, £200 off ebay
Appreciate 1