05-11-2014, 02:45 PM   #18
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bringbacklsb View Post
The E46 M3 never gave me the sensation of acceleration that I was after. In fact, I remember driving a 3000GT VR4 with 300hp and 300 tq, twin turbo engine, and feeling the car was much faster than the M3, when it was in fact not. That feeling is one of the main sensory thrills that I seek in a high performance car, and I am confident that this new engine will provide me with what was missing in the E46, and that's the pure sensation of power and acceleration.
Although not much a direct reply to my point, different strokes for different folks. Generally speaking a high crank torque turbo engine is very forgiving of being in the wrong gear when desiring maximum acceleration. Engines like the S65 can be significantly less fun if simply unwilling to choose the best gear when you want maximum acceleration and equally are less fun if unwilling to take the tach needle near or into the yellow or red. Again there is nothing that makes doing so inherently driving like a "maniac".
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
Appreciate 0