View Single Post
      07-31-2010, 07:35 PM   #31
IS3andME
Major
Rep
Drives: Lexus IS300

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss134 View Post
You are wrong on all counts. I am looking at Car Magazines article at the moment - they have been driven round the 'ring in the car and the following has been confirmed:

1. 335 bhp / 369 lb ft - Confirmed
2.M DCT optional -Confirmed
3.M diff not confirmed but they are hoping to offer one as an option (if it does make production it will not be standard)
WTF! Put down the mags and use your eyes.
Scott had said he test drove the car, well before the mags rode shotgun, and stated that 360 PS is what you are looking at.
Also, all test cars have had a LSD, so now two thing that you said have been shot down. Scott also said that he test drove a DCT equipped car, so yes, the possibility of it being offered as a option is about 99% certain, especially since the 135i has it now, and Scott mentioning that more cars are equipped with them.

Most magazines articles have bad or out of date info. The forums tend to be where the real info lays. I only read mags for comparison tests or actually car tests, not for info on something that is not out yet.

And whoever said that the 0-62 time for the M3 is 4.6, that may be a conservative rime from BMw, but most MT equipped M3 coupes do 0-60 in 4.1.
So that can give you something to play with for the 1M

I never trust factory quoted times, especially the Germans, because they are very conservative.
Appreciate 0