cc3
Major
Rep
Drives: 1M, GT4, M2 M140i G40

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuddman
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdaddylo View Post
...... the future model could be the M2 or a special-edition M2.
I'll bite into your speculation offer, even if no one else will. Here is my speculation (subject to change):
Your comment suggests an either/or possibility. It's not going to be either an M2 or a special edition that gets produced. They will, in fact, produce both. And they'll produce both in the eight month production cycle which begins in November of this year.

Car #1) The base M2 is the entry level M car they think they need to recruit new buyers. It will be exciting, but, not too expensive, tailored to suit a younger, less affluent (but up and coming) market.

Car #2) The "special edition" M2 car, is a car designed to be part of their 100 year anniversary celebration which takes place in 2016. It will be a base model M2 but with a customer selected option that will produce a car which will be named the M2 CSL. The customer selected option will create a car with features which relate to famous M cars of the past - features, for example, styled after those on the e30 M3 and, perhaps, even the Series 1 e9 CSL "Batmobile." This relationship between the M2 CSL and it's "parents" will be featured prominently during the celebration.

End of speculation.
Talking to my UK dealer you could be right about the anniversary edition
Appreciate 0