07-02-2007, 01:20 PM   #3
LonghornTX
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUltimateDriver View Post
Congrats! Did you negotiate off MSRP?
They were pretty firm at MSRP, which I kind of understand, but I did negotiate into our deal that if I could find a dealer willing to take a deposit for under MSRP that they would price match. So, tommorow I am going to be on the horn all day seeing what I can do :iono: . I am hoping some of the dealers in Houston or Dallas can put me down for 4-500 under MSRP, but I am not going to trip if it doesn't work out that way.

I don't really mind though, considering the timing I am in at the moment. My current car is getting very old and ideally I would like to sell it ASAP so that I wont have to shell for any major maintance items that are fast approaching. Plus, I have waited for this car for a solid 3.5-4 years now and frankly I am getting sick of waiting. Yea, I could probably wait a couple months (till next fall/winter), but I just don't have that alligator blood in me right now, so to speak.

On a side note, some guys from the dealership saw it in dallas a couple weekends ago and raved about it, so we could potentially have a VERY popular car on our hands, like....MINI popular. Could be BS, but with what we know now, I wouldn't consider that scenario too unlikely.
Appreciate 0