View Single Post
      05-26-2013, 12:54 AM   #6
Katkarot
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010MDX 2012135i

This is how I did it

Yeah, they are super bright but I like it

You can see the individual LEDs because it is resting right on the cover.

What I did is I use the existing double-side tape and cut it into 3 pieces. I then stacked them and made a 4 layer tall tape. It's 4 layers because my wife happen to have additional double-sided tape so I added one more layer. I then was able to push the light up and tape it to the the top so it is not resting on the cover, then you don't see the individual LEDs. I have attached pictures so you can see what I mean. I used tape about 1/3 size but to make it more stable, eg, stick edge to edge, you should use more take.

Oh, put to the back cover on is the opposite of how you do the front.
Click in the back first so its catching the edge then push the front in until they clip. Start from one corner to other. It's very easy should take a few seconds only. At least that's how I did mine.

The first picture shows the light with double-sided tapes. You can see that its not resting low.
the other 3 pictures shows how I layered the tape. Like I said, the more tape the more stable it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupenal View Post
thanks for the link - i went with the 15 LEDs and you're right, they're super bright.

only downside is that you can see each individual led when you're looking at the dome light. Not a big deal, but the gf was not as pleased

Question - how do you put the rear dome light cover back on? I tried for 30 minutes but couldnt seem to figure out how it attaches to the dome light itself.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0