jdr78569
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F31 328d sport wag

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanKM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr78569 View Post
To each their own in my opinion. I like the fluid extractor better. Your able to ensure your engine has no leaks at the same time as well as get out probably more oil. When you keep taking the pug in and out its great u replace the plug but u wear the pan itself thus having to replace it over time which is expensive. Also the plug isn't magnetic so it really has no purpose other than stopping the oil. Also with the pan u have a lining of fluid from the drain still and the oil filter doesn't drain

With the fluid extractor u get it all out from the bottom of the pan as well as all the fluid from the oil filter. All while not having to lift,jack,ramp your car. Honestly sounds like a better option to me. But if you like that way better that's your choosing.
I change mine the same way. I got burned by a stripped plug and it cost me 2K in order to get a new oil pan after dealer stripped it from a previous oil change.

I make sure my engine is operating temp and the oil is hot, let it cool for about 15 min, then suck it all out. I basically get all that i put in as i have the measurements on the fluid extractor. 20 min tops for me.
Bingo!
Appreciate 0