WCM3
Î canŧ főcus mŷ attėntĭon
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 Rubicon

Thanks for all the comments guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
Folks, those bolts are only there to hold the two halves together while the epoxy cures. They have ZERO function once cured. And you can't remove the 2 halves without breaking them; they're ONE unit now. It's only a cosmetic problem. You can just glue the chrome head in place. I wouldn't want a dealer messing with my car just for that, but to each his own. Good luck.
Actually this is my issue too. I was in there today installing my new AA filter and when putting the airbox back together I noticed the dealer didn't do it right the first time. They didn't sit it in the grooves correctly, and bent this one side back. I fixed it while I finished installing the filter and this is why I absolutely hate the dealer doing anything to this car.

Now replacing the whole manifold I would feel better myself doing. And the problem is, it was like this when I bought the car. And now the car has a tick over 50k miles on it so I doubt the dealer will do anything. I'm not quite sure how to prove they were the ones who messed with it in the first place.

And I really don't mind sourcing a new nut and just lightly epoxying or gluing it into place. I looked at realoem and couldn't even find a listing for that. Anybody have an extra one sitting around or know where to get it?
Appreciate 0