Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: VW Golf

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitm2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWF87Melb View Post
Hi all,

Was just wondering if anyone here has an M performance exhaust for their OG N55 M2 (no dp mod) here in Melbourne as it would be great if I could get a listen as I'm looking to purchase one.

I know we've now just entered another stage of restrictions here in Melbourne but thought I would ask on the above now in advance for when things get lifted.

Stay safe Melbourne ppl!

Thanks.
Not anywhere near Melbourne, but trust me when I say, the MPE on the OG M2 sounds absolutely outstanding. Has a nice meaty grunt to it, without being raspy. Sound is subjective, but IMO, it's the best sounding exhaust for the M2, hands down.

Even if you do not get a chance to hear it in person, you will not regret getting one.
Thanks for the inputs. It's all mostly positive reviews and feedback here on the forums on the MPE, but as you've said sound is very subjective. Trying to do as my due diligence as going through on it.

Guessing you've got the MPE on your car then? Anything not so great to point out from your experience? Most I've heard is around the cold start rattle (which seems quite a few have fixed this) and the highway drone especially on the 6MT. Some have said the MPE is a bit on the loud side but from what I've read those persons also have a sports cat as well.
Appreciate 0