View Single Post
      12-27-2014, 02:20 PM   #1
Adem1534
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2

M2 front end design examined closer - I think I'm on to something. Check it out.

So, as you have definitely seen by now, many believe the front end design of the most recent renderings have been too "busy". I do see what those are talking about, but I still love the design.

However, I have been looking at front end photos analytically and I think I've determined an error in the way bimmerpost has been rendering the front bumper design. Follow along:

Lets begin with looking at 2 current renders that show the front bumper well and in the same way: one is from a couple weeks ago, the other is from Christmas Day.

In the blue Image, you can see I have designated two character lines. "1" is the line from the corner of the headlight that extends bellow the headlight and toward the grills, and "2" is the line that goes just over the uppoer intake fin.

Now. From these images, we see that lines 1 and 2 are being rendered very far away from each other. Line 2 is *barely* above the intake fin, and line 1 seems to be floating without cohesiveness.

Now, lets take a look at the gran turismo styling. It has been confirmed that the BMW M2 will take many styling cues from this car. I have highlighted the character lines... but notice that there is only 1!

Lets take a zoomed in look on the prototype that was testing around the 'ring, and see what the deal is.

On the image with the BLACK and YELLOW lines, I have highlighted what I believe is the issue.

The camo is creating the *illusion of a character line #2* when in reality, it's just because the camo *extends over part of the intake!*

In the next image, I highlight the sole character line number 1, and point out how the camo covers part of the intake, which *hides the fact that there is no character line #2, which would be in accord with the tursimo concept!*

In this form, the bumper is *much* less congested, and honestly, it flows better with the bottom of the headlight.

Call me crazy, but keep looking at the gran tursimo concept, then at the 'ring images. It's all starting to look really clear. The character line that flows beneath the headlight is the same line that flows to the bottom of the bumper. Character line 1 and 2 are the same line!For those of you hoping for a less congested bumper, this is your answer.

Perhaps one of the mods has any input on this, but I feel very confident with my analysis. Only time will tell.

Whatever it turns out to be....

Go BMW!!!!!!!!

Attached Images

Last edited by Adem1534; 12-27-2014 at 02:31 PM..
Appreciate 2