Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 FBO M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taunto View Post
hey everyone.
We see this issue from time to time here at the dealership.
Mainly from vehicles that have been sitting on the lot for a while and have had some damp weather followed by some hot/humid weather.

I will half to find the exact name and possibly part number of the product we use at the dealer to help fix this concern(just cant remember the name of the product for the life of me right now)

Basically it has a high pressure Aerosol Can cleaner where the tab locks. You Place the can on the passenger foot well where the blower intake is. Have the vehicle running, blowing through main vents and MANUAL RECIRC ON with the A/C system running.
Once then u open the passenger door, Place the can on the floor then Hit the button so that it locks into place... And close the door right away and let ur vehicle run for 15-20 mins or so.

U do not want to breath this chemical stuff in as it isnt the best thing for your lungs lol.
Once the time has passed and the Can is empty, What i like to do is roll all the windows/sunroof down and take the car for a quick rip onto the highway just for 5 mins or so, to help blow some of the chemical smell out, just so its not super strong.

What this product does is help burn/kill any kind of mold or stuff clinging to the evaporator. Works great for pretty much all our customers with this exact complaint.

Like i said I will try to post the Product with a picture and and part number tomorrow once at work. Just cant think of the name of it right now. Sorry
Awesome man. I just tried the AC in high with Heat trick for 10 min today. I'll see if it helped at all tomorrow when I fire it up. I kinda doubt it.

Btw, is the cabin filter located at the passenger footwell?
Appreciate 0