11-04-2009, 11:54 AM   #9
mazda3ndp
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E9x M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRDHNTR View Post
I have one of these camcorders and it is great. There are only two minuses in my opinion.

1. The high definition video is shot in AVCHD which to the best of my knowledge can't be viewed by Mediaplayer or Quicktime. I use the software that came with the camera (you can download software for free). It's not a big deal, but just wanted people to be aware. You can still shoot in SD and then you can watch the videos with any media program.

2. I don't have personal experience mounting the camera as a "race cam" at track events, but have heard from multiple sources that the vibrations on the track will mess with the HDD.

All in all, I love my HDR-SR1. It was worth the $1200 that I paid for it when the camcorder first came out. The OP is giving these camcorders away at those prices.

Good luck with the sale. I'll let some friends know in case they are looking at getting a camcorder.
Thanks for sharing. Its a great camera. I have tested it with Final cut pro and iMovie on the mac and it works seamlessly. Let me know if you or know anyone interested in the camera. 1 is pending sale (sent the invoice, just awaiting payment) and I do still have the other one.
Appreciate 0