United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 F80 M3, 22 G01 X3 30i

Garage List
2022 BMW X3  [9.83]
2015 BMW M3  [6.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy J View Post
I don't understand it either, probably a thing to not cut into M235i sales or something; barely anyone has the 220 here, 95% of other 2's I see around are M235's. Funnily enough we get the 328/428/528

It's Hong Kong, so 90% of everything is urban or traffic jams. If I'm being completely honest, the stock 20i is perfectly sufficient for daily driving here; it's just sometimes when I go out to drive with my friends, who have much faster cars - that's when I suffer...my car is very much 'all show, no go'.

Plus, my family's considering getting a mid-size saloon in addition to our current cars (hence the XF test drive) and that's the one we're leaning towards...and I can't have my dad's daily be faster than mine
Well yes, I see your point entirely. Every car I've ever owned has been faster than every car my dad owned - even down to VW "Beetles". Well, okay, I had one Beetle while I was in the Army that was the same as my Dad's previous beetle, even down to the color. But it ended there!

Very strange indeed that you can't get the N26 engine in a 2-series there, especially since the N26 variant is a SULEV engine with no loss in power but much "cleaner" in an environmental sense. We have that engine in my wife's new 228i convertible and it's amazingly quick for a 2.0-liter turbo 4.

Is Hong Kong still right-hand drive? I know what you mean about keeping up with the rest of the crowd when out on the road. Maybe you can trade up to a CPO M235i at some point?

2015 F80 ///M3 Sedan 7DCT Tanzanite, 2022 X3 sDrive30i 8AT Brooklyn Grey
Appreciate 0