07-03-2020, 08:44 PM   #12
stein_325i
Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
The Macan will be the sportiest of the bunch but if she doesn't value driving dynamics much I'd skip it. The money factors are high, discounts are low, and overall you'll get much more car for your money by getting an X3/GLC/Q5. Personally I find the rear seats of the Macan to be spacious enough for normal sized adults.

I haven't driven a Stelvio but have head good things. However when you take a seat inside it you'll be struck by how cheap everything looks and feels. You'll have to see if you value the driving experience enough to make up for it being less-than-average at everything else.

It sounds like you don't have kids so I don't imagine you'll need a bigger CUV, but that's up to you.
I sat in a 2020 Giulia recently and the interior has improved with the latest refresh. While it still isn't on the level of the Germans they added more real metal accents and fixed the ugly center console area while also giving it a copycat iDrive 6.0 that works pretty well, and if you get the Ti Leather package you get Napa leather on the seats, armrest, door tops and dashboard which is quite surprising as that's typically 5-series level of options and of course you get the awesome large metal shift paddles. Areas that they still could improve on though are the switchgear as that still feels cheaper for the class, although thankfully it isn't from a 2005 Mercedes like the new Dodges and Maseratis, as well as the fit and finish could feel more solid. But honestly, I would let it pass for me at least since it drives so well and since you can get some insane deals on them (and this would be a lease only car for me) and coming from a CX-5 it would still be a nice interior.

Germanauto9702.50