View Single Post
      03-19-2016, 10:11 AM   #35
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFromPA View Post
Wanted to share my recent experience: Wanted to love Omega and actually had several different models picked out as my only candidates.

Went to Omega as well as an AD and tried on all different Omegas.

I have a 6.75" wrist, so a tad on the smaller side in general.

The PO was too large for me, even in 42mm size. It's lug-to-lug length was too long and it's simply a mountain of metal in terms of height.

The new seamaster 300m is ruined by it's lume to me. It's made to look vintage, I get, but the lume itself is unattractive in person. It actually photographs better.

The speedmaster pro is the best fitting Omega for me - it's curved lugs hug the wrist best, and it's sizing is perfect. However, I want a large second hand, so this is on hold for now.

Overall I walked away dis-satisfied. There wasn't an Omega that fit me and filled the bill at the same time. My favorite to look at in pictures is a blue PO 42mm on a blue rubber strap - but it just doesn't sit right on the wrist for me.
I to have a narrow wrist. Just curious your opinion on the newish 36mm IWC Pilot watch ? And what do you think of the Omega Globemaster? Not the style your describing but curious what you though.
Appreciate 0