03-10-2014, 05:48 AM   #83
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMick View Post
Not really comparable to fake watches. Regardless of the colloquial designation of "fake" wrt body, the reality is that it's an enhancement or correction of shortcomings or flaws of something that is very much real. More along the lines of aftermarket tuning, not fake watches.
What shortcoming is it a woman (or man for that matter) is born with that makes you see breast implants (or any other voluntary cosmetic surgical procedure) as fixing something that's broken? (I'm asking seriously because I just don't see the incomparability with the specific fake watch motivation we're discussing.)

I get it with something like a cleft lip or after a mastectomy or some other "thing" that deformed/removed the "stuff" they were born with. But implants or face to alter what's perfectly natural and the result of living doesn't seem like a case of fixing something that's broken. (Note: I'm not talking either about folks who have been diagnosed with BDD.)

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0