View Single Post
      09-06-2007, 04:49 PM   #12
imported_MPower
Zoom Zoom
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by damian View Post
Eh, in every performance car I've driven, it's much more subtle than that. It can be a somewhat complex dynamic.
Only two ways we can go with this statement:

1) Assume you are correct. If so, as everyone else in this thread as stated numerous times, no one has driven the car and had a chance to report on the "complex dynamics" of the throttle and clutch. Additionally, what you are asking seems more inline with someone asking how to learn to drive a stick. You really cant teach someone how to drive a stick without getting them in the car and feeling it for themselves. Everyone has a different experience and finds different ways to drive a stick. Therefore, it is nearly impossible to get the answer you are looking for.

2) Assume you are incorrect. If so, then launching the car is a "somewhat simple dynamic". Even here, the fact that no one has driven the car means that even this simple task is still unknown. Let's give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that it is a simple process and that we all have driven the car numerous times. Even now, the problem, as discussed in #1, is that driving a stick is something that you can not teach someone in words and is not something that is going to be the same for everyone in the world. With all of these assumptions, we still dont have the "answer" you are looking for.

In my personal experiences, I have never had a problem with any car specifically because of the drivetrain layout. However, judging by your comments, I think it would be safe to say that if you struggled to learn AWD, you would be more likely than not to struggle again learning RWD.

BUT, we dont have the car available to drive yet and discussion like this seem very premature and extraneously silly.