04-04-2008, 12:51 PM   #12
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by rai View Post
12,000 is world-wide production, they say 1500 cars to the US. It's really a scam, IMO since the US is by far the largest car market in the world, they should get (IDK) 40% of the production.

The US dealers really loving having the people pay +$20K or more, I have read some +$60K for some. Maybe it's just a matter of time, but right now it's not a $72K car, it's a $93K car which makes it not a great comparison to the M3. It's the same as $500 a month (about) more.

I think it's mainly the US dealers that are keeping the numbers low. Lets say at list they make $5K profit on the car. Now if they make $30K on each one they can just sell 3 cars a year and make more profit than if they had 10 cars to sell.

I even asked about waiting list for MSRP and none of the dealers wanted anything to do with me. They (US dealers) are looking for the quick buck instead of trying to make an honest buck. It's like that joke where one bull says lets run down and f- one of those cows and the other bull says no lets walk down and f- em all. It would make more sense for me if Nissan would make more for the US market and get rid of the dealer mark-ups. I don't mean the first cars but if I was willing to wait 6 months then I don't see why they can't make more cars like BMW is with the M3.

nissan has never sold the gt-r in the states....they dont know how many they are going to sell...therefore they will keep numbers imported to the states small in order to cover their asses...not a scam just smart business.