View Single Post
      01-30-2018, 01:13 PM   #221
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Model wise good move, platform wise stupid move.

BMW should keep the RWD platform with AWD option as a replacement for the legendary E46.

I cannot believe that nobody in the BMW structure can see the things differently:
"Hey, we should not compete with Mercedes or Audi FWD entrance models. Let's make a smaller 3 series with a RWD platform and AWD option, a vehicle that will put our legacy back on track and bring the smiles back on customer's face."

What an opportunity to blow in a different direction with quite some benefits. Many will jump on a such vehicle leaving Mercedes and Audi in the rear view mirror since the driving experience will be better.

I don't think that it will take customers from 3 series. Who doesn't want a 3 series doesn't want a 3 Series. and if the 2 series becomes the main seller what is wrong with that? better sell a 240i RWD GC than have the customer leaving the brand.

So many voices craving for a E46 revival, and nobody is listening. How dumb is that?

This is a sheep attitude and I blame them for it. if I will have the chance to work for BMW I will have some very gutsy moves but I can guarantee success and profits; and a proper image rehabilitation.

A GC RWD/AWD will be a wise and popular choice for so many.
Appreciate 5
6ixSpd6008.50
Calvin361061.50
DeeKay553.00
tetsuo1111227.00