01-19-2022, 11:04 AM   #39
ntg44
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 4.2 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyFSU View Post
Thanks. I love the new IS500, it looks fantastic without being "overdone." I think they should have just called it the new IS F. I drove an older RS3 and just was not impressed. Yeah they market is nuts right now; so much markup on new cars.
I disagree on calling it an IS F. In my opinion it would need more suspension and transmission work to go that far. That would raise the price even higher, and I don't even think at 100k Lexus could have made an M3 beater. The limited edition RC-F with all the carbon bits (forgot what it's called) doesn't even get there. I don't think the GS-F did either, although it's still a great car.

IS 500 F would have been fine instead of the word salad of a name it received, but it's not a big deal. For once, I think Lexus figured out exactly what they are good at building and executed it as flawlessly as they could with the IS 500. To someone like me who owned an F80 M3 for street use and never really fell in love with it as a street car, the IS 500 is exactly what I've been looking for.

The new RS3 is compelling to me because I have a great relationship with my Audi dealership, and I think it would be a fun experience to own. I think RS cars are better suited for the street than M cars, but it would be really hard for me to choose the RS3 over the IS 500. I don't see myself keeping the RS3 for very long for some reason, but the IS 500 I would want to keep forever. It's such a cool car that will always be cool in the future.