United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2 & 2024 BMW X1 M35i

Garage List
  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Suspension Opinions

Hi All,

I have had my M235i now for almost 10 months and have had H and R lowering springs on it since about 1200 miles. Now at almost 15000 I'm struggling to remain content with the ride the springs provide. The springs are great for day to day, in look and comfort. But when I'm doing more aggressive driving I have found that the suspension is a bit too floaty and just not firm enough for me (I drive in sport+ 100% of the time, so the car is in its firmest suspension setting for the dampers as well).

My question is, what might be the best setup to try next? I was considering BC coil overs. They seem to be the best bang for buck, my worry is that I have heard and seen many posts about issues resulting from the replacement of the stock dampers. Any experince with this? Can I do something to mitigate these issues? Any downsides?

Another option would be Dinan springs and BMW Supplemental Ride Quality & Handling Kit from Dinan as well. From what I understand this would raise my ride height which I'm not really willing to do either... but I'm just looking for opinions.

The other option i have been considering is getting hold of some sway bars, which i have contacted a few companies for that I have seen are in development but have not heard back from any of them.

I want a ride thats firm without being uncomfortable. I want something i can throw into a corner and not feel like I'm floating as much as I am. I know I'm being a little picky here but I've already put a lot of work, time and money into my car and this is one of the main remaining problems areas so I would love some feedback, preferably from someone running one of these setups or who has driven different setups.

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0