View Single Post
      12-13-2005, 01:08 AM   #18
Tierfreund
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadye90
Actually i beg to differ...The secondary filter actually resembles more of an in cabin microfilter than a "aerodynamic device" that you incorrectly assumed..What you are trying to refer to is a venturi plate or panel which this secondary filter has no resemblence to..I have built countless Honda Dohc Vtec motors that have been used on the drag strip as well as the circuit which rev up to over 9500 rpm's so i think i know a thing or two about airflow..so hows about the next time BEFORE you try to make a smart ass comment towards someone get your facts straight..

Relax my friend. I was thinking it must be similar to the construction of the E46 intake where what might be considered a secondary filter really is an aerodynamic element. Thatīs why I was asking for a pictrue of this filter to verify.
Interestingly enough, I wasnīt able to find any hint of that secondary filter in the ETK. Not for the US spec, not for the Eurospec.

So Iīd really like to see that filter myself. I would even take my Euro 330 filter box apart to check if I have it, If it werenīt so bloody cold outside currrently