03-02-2008, 11:27 PM   #8
delrosa81
Delrosa81
Singapore
Rep
Drives: G30 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92drivver View Post
Definitely not plug-and-play. Its not like BMW in 2005/6 when they were building your car prewired the steering column for possible future paddles.

I agree with ctgazer. Currently no wires are running to the wheel to control transmission/shifting. I'm guessing you would need to run wires from the gear selector through the dash to the steering column or some more involved mod than just a new steering wheel. The bigger question is do you feel comfortable having someone tap into your transmission? One bad move and you have a pricey mistake & voided warranty.

Do you plan on attaching the M3 wheel with paddles to an e90 currently with paddles? If so I can see how this may be easy. If the e90 has no paddles I dont see how this can be an easy mod by andyffer's definition of plug-and-play.
We had a few club guys in singapore with the E46 not having any paddle shifts in the first place and they had one of our local mod shops help them wire up the paddle shifts to our transmission. The first guy took quite sometime to wire it up, once his is up, the others that followed were pretty smooth sailing. I guess for E90, they have not had any experience yet. I will be the guinea pig I suppose. BTW mine does not come with Paddleshifts.