View Single Post
      02-01-2022, 05:13 PM   #17
MugatuJag
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW 228I XDrive GC

Hey there I have a 2022 228 I X Dr. with about 5000 miles, and I’m coming from a mini Cooper S 2019 with run flats so maybe I’m biased because that car was loud but my car is very quiet. I have the same tires as you and I don’t have Any drone and the ride is very pleasant. I did happen to put some five dollar Walmart pillows underneath the storage floor in the trunk, merely because I was taking them out of the same spot in my mini Cooper where I had put them to alleviate some road noise. It’s a cheap solution but I think it probably helps, you can buy some quality noise insulation products similar to Dynamat on eBay /Amazon and perhaps line the trunk area with it I’m sure that will help. As others have said any run flat tires are going to be pretty loud/ and have a harsher ride due to the reinforced sidewall, so definitely swapping the tires to Michelin pilot sports is going to be beneficial, both for ride and handling and noise reduction. Of course they are very expensive tires but well worth it, once my tires get a little worn I will most likely replace them and swap these back on before I return the car on lease trade in��
Appreciate 0