Thread: Cross Coilovers
View Single Post
      11-18-2008, 03:35 PM   #22
Evolution Racewerks
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 M340i,15 M4,12 328i,08 135i

Adjustability is always a good thing as long as you (or whoever you pay to adjust them) know what they're doing. Having rebound and compression adjustment is great even for a daily driven car because you can tune the suspension so that it still handles great yet is a very comfortable ride.

Compression adjustment is how stiff the shock compresses when loaded. Rebound adjustment is how hard the shock pushes up again. With separate adjustments, you can dial in ride comfort so that you don't sacrifice a lot of performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call View Post
Fred, your explanation is just too clear:thumbup: Now I have to do some research as to the benefit of the separate adjustability of
compression/rebound for non-track dedicated 135i's. I understand any additional adjustability for race-specific is plus-worthy but I'm not so sure for the DD/T useage. At some point it must go beyond the abilities of the average street warrior who may also track a few times annually to appreciate such benefits. In some cases more is better only if used; but then that goes without saying

Call
Appreciate 0