View Single Post
      12-08-2008, 08:48 PM   #1
dailo
Private
Rep
Drives: E92

accident...did I get tricked?

After reading all the accident threads here I never thought I'd write my own, but unfortunately that day has come.

First time in an accident so now I am a little worried I was a little too relaxed about the whole situation.

Basically huge escalade rear ends me while stuck in traffic and probably hits me going 20-30mph. My rear bumper looks a little bent and there is a huge gash in the diffuser, but doesn't look like its that bad. The guy gets out and says he doesn't have any insurance and offers me $300 dollars cash on the spot. I knew it was going to cost a lot more to fix that so I told him to give me his number and address and I'd get him an estimate and he agreed. His car was brand new too so it had no plates so I didn't get a plate number (mistake, probably should of got the VIN). Anyways all I have is his phone number and address, but I called and it was his cell. Anyways I guess this is going to cost a lot to fix and I'm worried he's going to back out or can he can change his story when he finds out.

Next I'm just debating on where to bring my car to get the estimate from, although I guess the dealer is the obvious choice. Next thought is whether its worth it to take the money and get a new rear bumper, but not sure what I'd get since I completely stock and probably won't look that good without a matching front. Sucks I've had the car for less than 6 months and already damage to my car

Any tips, thoughts, etc would be appreciated!
Appreciate 0