01-16-2012, 03:40 PM   #2
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by froz_v View Post
Hi,

I just brought my car in for the valve lifter problem and after they had everything done i took my car home and within 10kms the check engine light came back on so I took the car back to get it checked. Here is what they are telling me:

Initially it was the warranty work that had some problems and then after the fix, they went for a test drive and the engine light came back on. Thru further checking they found that I had the PBX installed and found that the connector pins fell out because the tape was no longer sticky. So it was the pins that was loose that caused the check engine light.

My questions is that I've had my PBX installed back in Nov '09 when it first came out and have yet to remove it at all. What are the chances of the electrical tape getting loose and having the pin fall out? I did get the PBX installed by a very well known vendor here and all I have to say was he does great quality work

Now they are charging me about $300 for 2hr labour that occurred from doing the check and since it was the PBX at fault so warranty does not cover it. Should I pay it or fight it saying that when I brought the car in it was completely fine except for the ticking and even after finding that the warranty work the dealer had performed did cause the engine light they are now saying it was the PBX at fault... something like that.

Any input or experience on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Yes I know i should have taken the PBX out but the SA there was a close friend's high school friend so the SA told me dont worry about your mods its okay so I brought my car in as is... I am so regretting it right now...

My questions is that I've had my PBX installed back in Nov '09 when it first came out and have yet to remove it at all. What are the chances of the electrical tape getting loose and having the pin fall out? I did get the PBX installed by a very well known vendor here and all I have to say was he does great quality work

I would say if done correctly, slim to none. Remember the ECU does not suffer any wear and tear, it is not open to the elements. So there is no reason why the electrical tape should be loose.
Appreciate 0