Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 M

Garage List
2013 BMW X5 M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogEphedra View Post
...Also, with aftermarket springs only, I'm worried about the shocks going bad prematurely. Maybe shocks going bad is rare, I don't know. I guess spring/shock combo is the way to go, even though it is more expensive.
You're correct to assume aftermarket springs w/oem shocks equals premature shocks although not sure how much sooner the shocks will go out. Also, not sure how good the H&R coilovers are on an e9x M3 (they were a rough ride on an e46 M3 w/only ride height adjustment) but they're on closeout at TireRack for around $1145 from what I remember a few days ago. That's basically half the price of kW's & CROSS coilovers if you don't mind not having dampening adjustments besides ride height.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankzlin79 View Post
What you are referring to is whether this law is ex post facto...meaning does it apply prior to it's effective date of September 1, 2009. That's a good question that I don't know the answer too. Generally speaking, ex post facto laws are unconstitutional. So therefore, I think if you retain your tint receipt in your glove box and can prove that your tint was applied prior to September 1, 2009, you MIGHT be okay. I have legal limit tint, but my installer never installed the decal stating that it is in compliance with TX tint laws.
I don't think my tint installer put a compliance decal on.

'17 95B GTS
Appreciate 0