View Single Post
      02-26-2024, 06:57 PM   #48
baron95
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW G87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummr8 View Post
Our family is growing and we've only driven BMWs for the past 15 years. We cross shopped a lot of SUVs and settled on the X7 to replace our E70 X5 even though we hate that the captains chairs don't fold flat (who's the idiot that decided that was fine?).

I'm planning to get a full-size crew cab pickup truck that will make my life easier and prevent me from destroying the inside of the X7 with building materials and other random stuff. Also planning to get a camper in the future and would use the truck instead of the X7 to tow it.

Which truck brand/generation do other BMW owners have and would you recommend it? I'm leaning towards Ram Limited but Ram's reliability history is holding me back. It seems most of the trucks have had engine issues due to dumb cylinder shutdown features.
If I can suggest something, that worked well for me instead of having a pickup truck that would only occasionally be put to pickup use....

A nice utility trailer. Hook it up to the X7 when you need it. Leave it behind when you don't. I use them to transport tires, Home Depot garden materials, etc.