Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky6 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayTimer View Post
The same thing happened to me last week. Apple CarPlay disappeared from the menu. I could change my phone from iDrive to CarPlay but it still wouldn't appear.

I am not 100% sure how I got it working again, I got my phone to forget the Bluetooth and Wifi connections and deleted my phone from the car but when reconnecting it still wouldn't show in fact when I selected CarPlay rather than iDrive the phone would disconnect and not connect to the car in any way until I switched off CarPlay and back to iDrive.

Although it still wasn't working, I went into the Bluetooth connection to the car and noticed the CarPlay slider button and switched it off. Then I deleted the Bluetooth connection again and suddenly it was working again and has been fine since.

I am not sure whether the CarPlay works through Bluetooth or Wifi as today I was checking the system after a software update and found that music was playing via CarPlay but neither the Bluetooth or Wi-Fi was connected to the car! All working so can't complain.

Cars three weeks old and still in its first 6 months of free CarPlay before subscription.

Hope that helps.
You don't have two phones sync'd do you? I've often got my private iPhone and work Android phone and despite setting priority to Apple it often connects to the Android phone first and hence CarPlay appears unavailable until I force a reconnect back to the iPhone. Annoying...
Same problem here
Appreciate 0