View Single Post
      08-08-2020, 07:19 PM   #32
Firaxis
Captain
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcbmally View Post
Why is everyone so against the new 135i, yes its no looker but after a test drive I was well impressed. Don't judge a book by its cover is all I can say.
My brother has the M140i and even he was impressed.
Nothing wrong with the M135i and hot hatches universally aren't exactly Italian designed lookers are they?

The fundamental issue is it's another competent FWD in a sea of other competent FWD cars. If you said the 135i is a better drive than the M140i even without driving it I wouldn't try to dispute.

Now it all depends if you believe robotic levels of competence is the antithesis of fun or not. You'd never have to ask the following in a 135 X-drive.

Oh, it's raining.. Let's see if I end up going around the roundabout today at 30MPH or end up in a tree over there. I am of course joking but it did have a somewhat unpredictable nature with little provocation, kept you on your toes as such..

Whilst it may not have been THE most popular option to drive a 6 pot, RWD hooligan there was nothing else like it catering to a specific type of enthusiast.
Appreciate 1