10-17-2008, 05:53 AM   #1
Bahraini135
First Lieutenant
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: 09 M-Packaged 135i

Garage List
how does 13.1@103mph seem? Perf steering displayed

Since the BMW Performance Steering wheel has the 0-400m function, I decided to give it a shot and see how it goes. So, I made a number of runs and I was averaging 13.1~@165km/hr~. I know this could be very low for a stock AUTO 135i. Even tho this steering uses signals from his own G-meter combined with RPM's of the tranny, it should be fairly accurate but not sure how far this could be from actual figure:wink:
My 0-100km/hr showed 5.6 (zero wheel spin)

I had half a tank and was running pump gas (91 oct)

Temp was 30c.

DTC off and shifting in Manual mode.

car had 430 miles on it

The Performance Steering wheel is an amazing add to the car. The alacantra grip is awesome. The functions are easy to operate and the menu is a user friendly too. However, regarding the 1/4mile(0-400m) meter, BMW combined F1 themes with that old school race. They used the 5-light take-off trigger instead of a cool pro-tree used in NHRA. Another thing is, the number u get on the display includes your reaction time, which is not the case in NHRA where the number excludes RT and RT is included in the time slip as an additional info. So, on the wheel, you will bee needing to deduct your RT every time you get the total time which they are displayed together.

Appreciate 0