kyrix1st
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G87 M2; E92M3 MT&DCT; M3 euro

Garage List
2004 BMW Z4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by msej449 View Post
I took a serious look at the Euro M135i while I was shopping for my M235i Convertible and really, the 1 Series is a good all-rounder and DD. 4 people can sit comfortably inside and with the rear seats down, it can carry a respectable load. Andyou can get a powerful engine and MSport model if you want that as well. The upside of the consistent interior design is that the environment isn't very different to the much bigger models.

I recently had a new 118d xDrive MSport as a hire car (thanks, Hertz Geneva!) and I was very impressed with it as an AWD cruiser and carrier: I'd rather have it than an X1/2/3. Yes, the Euro 1 Series handling isn't quite on a par with the 2 Series coupé but that may not be a factor if you do mostly urban/freeway driving.

For anyone new to the design, the 1 Series can look oddly foreshortened compared to the other Series. But once you start to see them in numbers on the road, they actually end up making the 3/5 Series look overly long for the interior space i.e. the 3/5 Series get disproportionately longer for what is relatively little extra internal space.

So if you're shopping for a 2 Series then I think it's worth at least giving the new 1 Series a look too.
The one you drove is rear-biased xDrive on RWD platform.

Very different from the Haldex drive (FWD base) this new generation offers.