09-09-2020, 02:43 AM   #6
JD75
JDTuning
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i xDrive,G80 M3 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denks View Post
Hi everyone

Apologise in advance if I don't explain this right, but ill try my best to explain the issue i am having with my 335.

In short, the car starts to shake or rattle first thing in the morning (if, and only if, I let it idle). If I start the car and let it idle, the following happens:

1. within 10 seconds, i start to feel the car begin to shake or rattle (at first it is not severe);

2. the closer it gets to the stage of when the second second exhaust opens up, the shaking gets worse;

3. after the second exhaust has opened up and both exhausts are on (this usually occurs after you hear the waste gate rattle), it will usually start sounding like its choking, and the yellow engine light turns on. This sometimes results in the car "conking out" or just feels like it should just not be driven.

That said, if i turn the ignition, and immediately start driving the car, I don't get any issue at all. The mechanic originally thought it was the sparks plugs, but they have been replaced twice and the issue is still there.

Does anyone know what it could be?
Hey Denks,

I have a lot of experience with tuning and unfortunately (lol) troubleshooting problematic N54's.

If you are based in Sydney, I can arrange to have the issue investigated thoroughly for you.

Out of curiosity when the engine stumbles after a cold start, does the exhaust gas smell very fuely?

Thanks,

Justin.
Appreciate 0