View Single Post
      05-18-2019, 03:46 PM   #22
mcdokika
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5 CP

Hi folks!

Have been thinking of buying an M5 Comp (current car is X6 50i ,450hp, 16 reg plate 19.5k miles, first owner - on PCP ending this August ) , not sure though whether to go for the Competition or the 'normal' one.

Have driven the normal M5, felt obviously stiffer and quicker than my X6 with air springs.At that time it was a bit too hard for me compared to my luxurious full merino X6.And I must admit I really like the high SAV driving position ... (had a tuned F30 335XD before that)

BUT. Since I drove that M5 times have changed, prices have dropped too, and I have read so many good review of the Comp. Pack one that I am really thinking about buying one.

I did not manage to arrange a testdrive yet , local dealer sold demo car etc.. I am sure that is different to a normal one, said to behave more like one of the old M cars . Love the sound of if in sport plus mode which U don't use all the time anyway as it's too loud , but sometimes , weekeds amazing fun .

My main concern is the comfort . We have not got the best roads in Dorset and I would hate a car which is too hard even in comfort mode.Apparently you feel all the bumps and the surface of the road even in eff. mode.Pros and cons..

Mrs has got an X2, 68 plate, 20d, she loves it to bits, I don't... It is a nice car don't get me wrong. But the seats are too tight, when I seat in the passanger seat I feel like being in a bunker .. She knows that I hate it and I do feel very guilty as I made the deal I did want this car Not anymore though...

Selling an X6 V8 , it's not easy. This one has a special colour , sparkling storm with an extravagant interior , that's how the extra was called. The car has mint condition, but I think they are afraid of the combination of the colours. I do believe though that I could sell it privately and have a nice equity on it. All what dealers offered were under my August GFV , not good. They either suggested selling it privately or just VT it which I don't really fancy .

https://images.caricos.com/b/bmw/201..._1920x1080.jpg

with this interior.https://www.autocar.co.uk/sites/auto...?itok=-ZKSB0wo

Anyhow, what I thought today that perhaps we should keep the X6 and get rid of the X2 , Mrs is not very happy about the idea and would not be a good idea financially either. Her car is also a well equipped car but has lost a lot of its value since last year unfortunately. However if we kept my lovely X6 for her I and I could get a nice new M5 we would be all happy Will do some maths but this latest option would be the worst idea money wise. We would have 2 quick V8's though and at least one very comfortable car .

She only wants 5 doors as she would like to have kids that's why she had her 2 series PX changed into this current X2.
She has drive mine a few times, not very confident about its dimensions though .

Thank you for reading my story , if you have any good buying suggestions please let me know , I hope you all enjoy your M5' s !

If somebody could tell me about the ride comfort of the M5 Comp in daily life, that would be great.

(ps buying a 3rd car is not an option for sure )