10-30-2011, 01:48 PM   #16
dyezak
General of the Armies
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by rader1 View Post
This is really cool. But IMHO the best fuel system solution is upgraded lpfp,hpfp, and injectors. Keep the factory setup, just make able to handle the fuel demand. A secondary fuel rail system seems like its going to a big weak point. Remember that port meth system posted up a couple weeks ago and how very few people seemed optimistic about it? Same exact thing only this is more crucial. Im not hating or knocking on HPF, im just pointing out there is a better solution.
I ran a dual rail system on a 4g63 back in 2003 controlled with an AEM EMS. It actually ran better with 8 smaller 750cc injectors with this setup than it did with 4 1200cc injectors. If HPF set's this up the way I would you'd leave the current DI system in place, it would run the engine in no load to light load scenario's. Once the boost started to roll in the 2nd set of port injectors would roll in and handle the additional horsepower. This would mean you would get your crisp clean BMW drive-ability going to work in the morning with enough fuel at night to support that 750hp run to the grocery store to get your wife's prenatal vitamins.

The only thing is the complexity it adds to an already complex engine. More points of failure, more issues to resolve, more maintenance (but it would probably fix the backside of our intake valves needing to be manually cleaned).

With all this said, I'd still prefer an upgraded DI system over this setup...
Appreciate 0